PURPOSE: Procedure for handling complaints.
- An applicant, a certified company or any interested party may lodge a complaint. This procedure is also publicly available on website It is also enclosed with the certificate when issued to each client VRC International have a documented process to receive, evaluate and make decisions on
complaints. This process is subject to requirements for confidentiality, as it relates to the complainant and to the subject of the complaint
- ADMINISTRATION OF COMPLAINTS :
Any complaint received by VRC International in writing or by e-mail or telephone in respect of its functions as a VRC International or a company certified by it, shall be fully reviewed by the CEO and shall be recorded in the complaint register with its nature. The tracking and recording complaints, including actions undertaken in response to them is maintained by CEO in form CA-F-11
If the complaint relates to the certified client:
- CEO must ensure that the effectiveness of the certified management system is checked by competent auditor(s), who were not involved with the client previously.
- The letter in question is sent to certified client within 14 days of receiving of complaint and recorded in the complaint register. The tracking and recording complaints, including actions undertaken in response to them is maintained by CEO in form CA-F-11
- If the complaint is about certified client management system:
- The CEO ensures that the effectiveness of the certified management system is checked by competent auditor(s)/person(s) who were not involved with the client previously.
- The concerned auditors may be summoned to confirm the facts if it relates to certification activity.
- After root cause analysis, method to eliminate cause of complaint would be arrived at and suitable corrective and preventive measures instituted.
- If the complaint is against an officer of VRC International including CEO then it will be investigated by the chairman of the Expert committee.
- CEO will
- Verify the promptness and effectiveness of the actions. Taken in respect of the complaint received ensure its prompt disposal.
- Ensure that the complainant is advised of the result of the investigation within six weeks of the receipt of the complaint.
- All complaints, after redressed & disposal, shall be closed through a closing note / closing call by the CEO. Where applicable, certification will be restored as quickly as possible.
- Ensures that any appropriate correction and corrective action are taken and also suitable preventive action is taken to avoid recurrence of such cases.
- Ensure that Effectiveness of the measures adopted are covered during the Management Review Meeting
- The entire process to be followed meets the requirement of confidentiality as it relates to the complaint and to the subject of the complaint. The complaints are recorded in the complaint register.
- Gather and verify all necessary information to validate the complaint.
- Ensures that the acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint is sent to the complainant and is informed about the progress and outcome of the result in writing every month till its closure.
- Ensures that the decision communicated to the complainant is made reviewed and approved by the individual(s) not previously involved in the subject of the complaint.
- Give formal notice of the end of the complaints-handling process to the complainant.
- Ensures with the client and the complainant to the extent to which complaint may be made publicly available.